2021-2022 Evan Williams American Made Hero Award Winner
2021-2022 Evan Williams American Made Hero Award Winner
The MRMS Program was founded by Dr. Tracy Diefenbach, and is currently practiced here at the DTOM Veterans Ranch. This program is an innovative, scientific-based program that focuses on healing the messenger neurons using traveling brain wave sequencing, rhythm, motion, time, location, speed, distance and balancing.
MRMS: Max Rhythmic Motion Sequencing
This program was founded by Dr. Diefenbach in 2018 after 11 years of brain-based adaptive research on the integrated treatment approaches to combat-related PTSD. The horses are only a very small part of our collaborative, life-long program and are the catalyst to the science behind this therapeutic approach. We are not your typical equine therapy facility as our horses are not regular riding horses, they are not pets, and they are considered working service animals. We do not let the community handle our horses as they are trained for quietness, focus, counting, sound, and movement. Therefore, we want to ensure that their routines are consistent in the work they provide each day. Our horses are being trained to specific motion algorithms through adjusted gaits, speeds, movements, sideways rhythms, cues, and forward and backwards momentum all geared to adjust the traveling brain waves in individuals with complex brain injuries, diseases, or mental health disorders. WE DO NOT USE EMDR OR STANDARD EQUINE RHYTHMIC RIDING. THIS IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
Max Rhythmic Motion Sequencing is a program committed to changing adaptive functioning of the brain through the individual commitment of a specific, adaptive, and holistic lifelong lifestyle. We do not prescribe medications in this program. Instead, we are a long-term program that is designed to heal you without the reliance on mental health medications. We believe that these medications are a great short-term plan for easing symptoms associated with mental health conditions, however, as stated in the Grey's Anatomy medical book... these medications were not designed to be used long-term.
MRMS Mission: To provide inspiring, holistic, and research-based, life-changing resources that help people heal, grow, and thrive together with support of their communities and their families.
MRMS Vision: To be the most creative, innovative, and research-oriented, holistic therapy and treatment program in the world.
MRMS Core Values:
1. Research-Oriented: Acknowledge the complexity of illness, diseases, and treatments using grounded and new research approaches to healing the whole person.
2. Theory: Acknowledging prior theoretical treatment avenues and incorporating them into new theoretical approaches to brain-based healing methods and healthy living approaches.
3. Ethics: Striving for supreme standards of operation, adhering to strict ethical conduct in-regards-to individual privacy, belief systems, and healing through grounded education, research, and commitment to safety of researchers, clinicians, and individuals.
4. Practice: Acknowledging the level of commitment of developing and implementing life-long treatment approaches to holistic healing using grounded practical applications, structure, and personal and professional reflection.
5. Family: Acknowledgement of the importance of family as a direct support unit in the holistic healing process, where the entire family heals together as a moving, caring, empathetic, and sympathetic unit.
6. Community: Acknowledgement of the importance of community as a direct support unit in the holistic healing of our families and individual clients through resource provisions, extended support services, and commitment to community support services in the holistic healing approach.
7. Healing: Acknowledging that the concept of healing is not and will never be based off one single scientific, phenomenological, or environmental approach or discipline. Instead, healing is a collaboration of everything in an individual’s environment that impacts healthy living directly or indirectly.
8. Reflection: Acknowledgement of the importance of reflection in both practice and healing. Striving for efficiency, growth, development, achievement, and advancement through daily personal and professional reflection, and using the information to increase and perfect the standards of care, personal, and professional growth.
Listening to people is our priority in our standards of care as a program and an organization. Our passion for helping people heal gives us as clinicians, as friends, and as supporters the ability to reach beyond our current skill levels and research innovative, new, and unconventional approaches to healing the whole person. We strive to meet the needs of all people as individuals and tailoring the MRMS program to meet their specific needs. We focus on creating an environment of safety, empathy, care, concern, and goal-oriented treatment approaches to the life-long mission of living healthy. We strive for high standards of care, doing the right thing, and creating a foundation of integrity which is the foundation of everything we do here at the DTOM Veterans Ranch.
1. A scientific, engineered program that conditions traveling brain waves during motion and rest through: Momentum, Space, Time, Sequencing of Rhythms in both movement and stationary statuses, adaptive conditioning using the brain’s neurotransmitters to being delivering controlled messages during moments of stress, anxiety, depression, tremors, cognitive challenges and delays by healing blocked neuropathways caused by disease or injury, and re-conditioning circadian brain rhythms through habit, adaptation, and assessment of function over time.
2. A lifestyle that encompasses:
A. Intake and safety, awareness, and belief systems, (PTSD/PTS).
B. Balance and hemisphere conditioning and re-conditioning (Brain-wave sequencing)
C. Dietary assessment and education directly related to inflammation, cortisol, thyroid toxicosis, and stress hormones that directly impact neurological messenger pathways.
D. Physical fitness and wellness.
E. MRMS designed message therapy for the nervous system, balance disorders, and other brain-based neurological disorders and musculoskeletal disorders.
F. Movement, adaptation, momentum, sound, external and internal stimulation, time, patterns, momentum, stationary rest control, and space.
G. Personal hobbies and interests, work-life balance, and systemic approaches to living well.
3. A program that consists of multiple disciplines, none of which are based off one discipline, or ideology alone. This prevents tunnel vision in the MRMS clinicians, as we research diseases and healing approaches using in-depth methods designed to get to the root cause of the individual’s issues. Everyone will have their own tailored program, specific to their needs, as we believe this has been lost in the traditional realm of psychology and medicine.
4. A program that provides the building blocks of mental and physical conditioning self-convictions developed through an individual’s life experiences.
5. A program that provides balance in everything related to activity, momentum, rhythm, habits, sound, stimuli, and environmental change using adaptive physical activities.
6. A program that includes both individual and group development activities (personal and professional).
7. A program that consists of mentorship, independent living skills for all individuals in various stages of life. (Work, Home, Life, Hobbies, Budgeting, Financial Health, Goal Setting, and taking care of ourselves).
1. A psychological, counseling-based program. No cookie cutter approaches here.
2. Strictly an equine-assisted sequencing therapy. (Horses make up 1/4 of this program).
3. A single treatment, nor is it a therapy based on one science or one ideology.
4. A one-time cookie cutter approach to healing brain-based disorders or diseases.
5. A program based on the use of pharmaceutical drugs to heal.
6. Timed, or a scheduled number of visits.
1. Dementia: (Early to Mid- Stage).
2. Neurological, balance, and musculoskeletal disorders
4. Hyperactivity Disorders in Adults and Children
5. Essential Tremors
6. Parkinson’s Disease (Stops tremors and greatly reduces off-moments).
7. TBI (Traumatic Brain Injuries)
9. PTSD/PTS (Combat and Non-Combat, Natural Disaster, Death, Victims of a Crime(s), other).
10. Anxiety and Depression Disorders
13. Stress and Anger Disorders
14. Other mental health disorders
15. Now working with a small group of individuals with Down’s Syndrome
The science behind MRMS:
One of the greatest achievements of medicine is the ability to develop and contribute new research, new programs, and therapeutic practicing all in the realm of helping people heal, remain healthy, and live healthy lifestyles.
The brain is one part of the body that modern medicine still does not fully understand. As the primary operating system of the human body, it functions like a computer program that comes with glitches, programming, sequencing, electrical waves, and comes with its own regulatory system of nerves, balance, vision, and fuel (the blood stream). Dr. Diefenbach has discovered a specific motion rhythm used over a period of time, at a specific length, and specific sequences that can help the brain learn to re-program central nervous system issues, rebalance chemical messengers also called neurotransmitters, open blocked neurological pathways, and calm traveling brain waves in rest, activity, and prior to sleeping.
We know from rhythm research that the brain tends to thrive on the “known” or habits of forward movement through the understanding and processing of visual cues, focal control of experienced stimuli, and motor control. When you take away the vision, hearing, and smell, specifically during forward or reverse momentum, the brain must learn a new executive function, message, or context in order to interpret surroundings, therefore reprogramming itself and adapting to new information. This is adaptive functioning which is not new to the medical field and not new to science. However, the exciting part about MRMS is that we are discovering new pathways that the brain uses to incorporate experiential adaptive learning, momentum, sensory processing all through the basics of Rhythmic sequencing, like re-programming a computer.
The brain is the command center of each choice we make in life, our experiences, our lifestyles, our reactions, actions, and life itself. The brain is the organ we know the lease about in research and in medicine. Brain-based disorders cannot be cured using one single discipline, or treatment approach, but they can be healed and managed with lifestyle changes once you understand how the brain functions. We are creatures of adaptative skill and survival, and this program puts all these perspectives into use as we navigate through the healing process.
The theory of adaptive healing and standards of care…
In the world of medical, psychological, and scientific research and healing, we believe that it takes a community of clinicians, families, and volunteers to help people come together to heal. The realm of healing the body should never be based off one discipline or ideology, and instead should encompass the whole person, their environment, family, and community.
In a field full of labels, diagnoses, medications, and lack-of patient education, the MRMS clinicians and program meets you where you are at, with how you are feeling, your condition, your goals, and expectations for healing. We move you forward with a specific set of systemic activities, adaptive processes, and structure that surrounds you with the resources needed to live a healthy, balanced life…holistically.
The MRMS clinicians at the DTOM Veterans Ranch have made it a mission to ensure that we walk you through the entire healing process by helping you develop healthy habits, providing structured, non-invasive, MRMS Brain-wave treatment, creating long-term planning for healing, and creating steppingstones that can be used throughout your life to maintain overall health and well-being.
The MRMS clinicians focus on compassion, communication, education, adaptive theory, and therapeutic approaches by creating an engaging, active, and structured healing plan using advanced standards of care.
MRMS clinicians focus on safety, privacy, and security of all private information. We do not report out to any agency on your status, and strictly adhere to HIPAA and PHI. WE DO NOT SELL STORIES, we do not provide your information to any organization, any person, business, or entity without your direct and written consent. We are not in the business of selling stories. We are in the business of helping people heal, and we believe your healing process is a private and protected journey that is your own.
Healing within the MRMS program is designed to be a long-term plan, and a lifestyle that helps people move forward and heal successfully. Our combined disciplines help shape the way we heal and teaches us to get to the root cause of our health problems by actively researching and participating in our own recovery…not just taking pills and hoping the issues go away.
While Dr. Tracy Diefenbach is our primary MRMS Researcher and primary clinician here at the DTOM Ranch, we also have other clinicians and field experts who help us. Often you will find them working with us at the ranch, through distant communication, or providing safety services during an equine session, or helping us through MRMS activities.
We also provide a mentorship support program. The mentorship support system allows you to work side-by-side with us not only during your MRMS sessions, but with other projects around the farm. You have the opportunity to be paired up with other people from the community who are diverse, have different outlooks and experiences, and from this support system we develop lifelong friendships that add to our DTOM family.
We keep your MRMS sessions private, but we also bring everyone together as a group for fun events like campfires, cookouts during the summer, and community events where we provide volunteer services and give time back to the communities that support us.
To schedule an appointment, a tour, or for more information, please contact us!
13952 387th Avenue, Warner, South Dakota 57479, United States
09:00 am – 05:30 pm
09:00 am – 05:30 pm
09:00 am – 05:30 pm
09:00 am – 05:30 pm
09:00 am – 05:30 pm